Welcome to the Virtual Academy
Welcome to digital online learning provided by Wickenburg Virtual Academy (WVA). We recently went through the rigorous accreditation process through the Cognia Global Network. Earning this accreditation means that our online school meets the renowned Cognia Performance Standards that define a high-quality educational institution.
We provide a sustainable education for grades 4-12 and seek to serve our students. Here are some basic highlights of our online school:
- Students are taught by highly qualified instructors in each core class using our online curriculum and other instructional materials embedded in our website in portable document format (PDF). This means that you can access all lessons and materials online.
- Grades 4 and 5: Each week the teacher meets virtually with the student so students can verbalize reading, writing, and math concepts with their instructor and demonstrate progress and mastery.
- Grades 6, 7, & 8 work more independently and reach out to their virtual teachers as needed in their classes.
- Grades 9-12 have tutoring available in our after-school tutoring sessions. If the student is struggling, an appointment can be made for “face-to-face” instruction. We can do this long-distance by Google Meet or phone, but students who live close enough to our lab are also welcome to set up appointments and work with their teacher to receive one-on-one instruction.
- Students can take part in clubs and sports the district offers if they are in good academic standing in their WVA classes and live close enough to one of our district's schools to be feasible.
In closing, we hope to help your student achieve his/her goals. We are here to partner with you!