DISTRICT CLOSED - ALL schools and district offices will be closed the week of July 1 - July 5, 2019 to move our internet servers. Phones and internet will also be down during that week. We apologize for any incovenience.
The following textbooks have been put on display for review at the WUSD District Office, 101 E. Coconino St., Wickenburg prior to Board Approval.
- Television Production & Broadcast Journalism by Phillip L. Harris and Gil Garcia
- Video - Digital Communication & Production, Fourth Edition by Jim Stinson
APPROVED 4 DAY SCHOOL WEEK FOR 2019-2010 SCHOOL YEAR
First day of school is July 29
During the March 7 school board meeting, the Governing Board unanimously approved the 4-day school week. We appreciate the input from staff, parents and community that helped gather the necessary information to make the decision. Information and updates can be found under the 4 day tab above or click on link below.
Welcome to the Virtual Academy
Welcome to digital online learning provided by Wickenburg Virtual Academy (WVA). We are a fully online school available to students throughout the state of Arizona for grades K-12. We believe that given the opportunity for success, students can meet the challenge that a rigorous curriculum can present and learn in the online platform with support from their highly qualified instructors.
Here are some basic highlights of our online school:
- Students are taught by highly qualified instructors in each core class using our online curriculum and other instructional materials embedded in our website in portable document format (PDF). This means that you can access all lessons and materials online.
- Students can earn a Grand Canyon Diploma (GCD), if they desire, by passing end of course ACT assessments and graduate one to two years early. If a student earns a GCD the school district will pay for Arizona community college tuition for one to two years.
- Tutoring is available in our after school tutoring sessions. If the student is struggling an appointment can be made for “face to face” instruction. We can do this long distance by Google Talk, Skype, or phone, but students who live close enough to our lab are also welcome to set up appointments and work with their teacher to receive one-on-one instruction.
- Students can take part in clubs and sports the district offers if they are in good academic standing in their WVA classes and live close enough to one of our district schools to be feasible.
In closing, we hope to help your student achieve his/her goals. We are here to partner with you!