Graduation is more than just a ceremony for our seniors at the end of the year. There are many exciting events and opportunities to capture memories during this milestone event in your student’s life. Please use this page to stay informed about all the important details surrounding the graduation season.
Graduates and Graduate Families...
We are excited that we can provide you with a socially distanced graduation ceremony as you end your time as a student here at WHS! Though we believe we can create a situation that allows for us to host this ceremony on our campus, there are many aspects of the ceremony that we have had lengthy conversations about over the past several weeks leading up to the decision. These conversations are a result of the pandemic and focus on how we can navigate this situation, keeping students, parents and staff members safe in the process.
As of the writing of my email, we are currently in phase 1 of the reopening process. In addition, we have seen several of the highest number of cases in the state over the past week. As we forge ahead with plans, it is critical that we create a situation that minimizes social gathering, maintains social distancing, and minimizes the potential for transfer from an infected individual.
A work team consisting of students, staff, parents, and community members was formed to evaluate a variety of possibilities. In the end, those on the work team expressed that a ceremony on the WHS field was the preferred option and recommendation. On May 28th, the district and building administration determined that we would schedule a Socially Distanced Graduation Ceremony for June 19th. The following is information regarding the ceremony:
- We are limiting the number of attendees to the graduate and 2 guests.
- The main gate to the campus will open at 7:00 PM, one hour before the start of the ceremony.
- The gate accessing the field will be opened at 7:15 PM.
- Students and their two guests will enter the gate at the event at the same time. Those that arrive without a graduate will not be allowed in.
- Student seating will be labeled on the field. Upon arrival, guests will find seating in the designated area. Students will sit in their designated seat. All parties should find their seat and remain there to maintain social distancing.
- All seating will align with social distancing guidelines.
- Restrooms will be available for emergencies, however we strongly recommend not using them unless absolutely necessary.
- To eliminate multiple gatherings there will not be a practice, therefore it will be simplified with staff direction to assist with the flow.
- All speaking will be recorded and played back during the ceremony at the appropriate point. The only exception will be the reading of names by Ms. Garcia.
- There will be no hand shaking during the awarding of diplomas. Diplomas will be passed from one table to another, where students can pick it up prior to leaving the stage.
- Pictures will be taken with students holding their diploma cover after they leave the stage.
- Hand sanitizing stations will be made available on the field.
- At the end of the ceremony, there will be a recessional off the field where guests can join.
- We are looking to both stream and record the event for those that are unable to attend. We are planning to live stream it using Youtube.
Again, the safety and well being of everyone is our goal with this ceremony. Because of that, it will look different than it has in past years and possibly ever will again! We are hopeful that conditions will continue to allow us to hold the ceremony on the field. Should these change, we are preparing a virtual ceremony that will be shared with all students, as well as posted on our website and/or social media pages.
Thank you for all you are doing during this time!
familias graduadas ...
¡Estamos entusiasmados de poder ofrecerle una ceremonia de graduación socialmente distante cuando termine su tiempo como estudiante aquí en WHS! Aunque creemos que podemos crear una situación que nos permita organizar esta ceremonia en nuestro campus, hay muchos aspectos de la ceremonia sobre los que hemos tenido largas conversaciones durante las últimas semanas previas a la decisión. Estas conversaciones son el resultado de la pandemia y se centran en cómo podemos navegar esta situación, manteniendo a los estudiantes, padres y miembros del personal seguros en el proceso.
- Estamos limitando el número de asistentes al graduado y 2 invitados.
- La puerta principal del campus se abrirá a las 7:00 p.m., una hora antes del comienzo de la ceremonia.
- La puerta de acceso al campo se abrirá a las 7:15 PM.
- Los estudiantes y sus dos invitados ingresarán a la puerta del evento al mismo tiempo. Los que lleguen sin un graduado no podrán ingresar.
- Los asientos de los estudiantes serán etiquetados en el campo. A su llegada, los huéspedes encontrarán asientos en el área designada. Los estudiantes se sentarán en su asiento designado.
- Todas las partes deben encontrar su asiento y permanecer allí para mantener el distanciamiento social.
- Todos los asientos se alinearán con las pautas de distanciamiento social.
- Los baños estarán disponibles para emergencias, sin embargo, recomendamos no usarlos a menos que sea absolutamente necesario.
- Para eliminar múltiples reuniones no habrá una práctica, por lo tanto, se simplificará con la dirección del personal para ayudar con el flujo.
- Todos los discursos serán grabados y reproducidos durante la ceremonia en el punto apropiado. La única excepción será la lectura de nombres por parte de la Sra. García.
- No habrá manos temblorosas durante la entrega de diplomas. Los diplomas se pasarán de una mesa a otra, donde los estudiantes pueden recogerlo antes de salir del escenario.
- Se tomarán fotos con los estudiantes que tengan su portada de diploma después de salir del escenario.
- Las estaciones de desinfección de manos estarán disponibles en el campo.
- Al final de la ceremonia, habrá un receso fuera del campo donde los invitados pueden unirse.
Estamos buscando transmitir y grabar el evento para aquellos que no pueden asistir. Estamos planeando transmitirlo en vivo usando Youtube. Una vez más, la seguridad y el bienestar de todos es nuestro objetivo con esta ceremonia. Por eso, se verá diferente de lo que ha sido en los últimos años y posiblemente lo volverá a ver. Esperamos que las condiciones continúen permitiéndonos celebrar la ceremonia en el campo. Si esto cambia, estamos preparando una ceremonia virtual que se compartirá con todos los estudiantes, y se publicará en nuestro sitio web y / o en las redes sociales. ¡Gracias por todo lo que estás haciendo durante este tiempo!
YEARBOOKS ON SALE NOW! $75 IN THE BOOKSTORE OR ONLINE AT ybpay.lifetouch.com USE ID#13303820
Senior Portrait Submission Guidelines and Procedures
Senior Portraits submitted to the WHS yearbook to use in place of the Lifetouch portrait must be in one of the following formats:
- Computer disc
- USB drive
- We will not accept e-mailed photos.
The WHS yearbook will not be accepting “selfies” as senior portraits. This includes photos taken by the student of themselves with cellular phones, cameras, or any other device.
Senior Yearbook Ads
Dear parents, guardians, and friends of seniors;
The time has come to honor your Senior by reserving space in the 2020 Wickenburg High School Yearbook. Senior ads come in a variety of sizes and prices. Placed in the back by the Senior portraits of the 2020 WHS Yearbook the ads are a lasting testament of your senior’s achievements and will certainly be cherished by them for years to come. With your order, you will need to have a flash drive or share a file drive with the WHS Yearbook to upload pictures. You will be contacted by the Yearbook staff regarding setting up your ad.
Order now to reserve your ad as space is limited.
Deadline for senior ad is Friday, January 21, 2020.
Please fill out the following form in print
Student name: _________________________________________
Purchasers Name: ______________________________________
Phone Number: ________________________________________
Email(checked regularly): _________________________________
Size: __________ Order Amount: _____________
Make all checks payable to Wickenburg Unified School District #9
Wickenburg High School
1090 S. Vulture Mine Rd.
Wickenburg, AZ 85390
Contact the WHS Yearbook staff at WHSYearbook@wusd9.org
Seniors! The yearbook staff needs your senior pictures so please email your high quality large pictures to email@example.com or you can put the picture on a cd or flashdrive and give it to Ms.Roethler in room G123 by January 21st otherwise the yearbook staff will have to use your school pictures so remember they need them by January 21st Thank you!
Ordering & Important Dates
CLASS OF 2020
GRADUATION CAP AND GOWN
To order your cap and gown for graduation you can contact:
1-800-JOSTENS (567-8367) Press 1 for English and press 2 for Spanish
Graduation Week Activities
Senior Schedule of Events 2021
Keep Your Academic House in Order!!!
June 10, 2020
Dear Wickenburg High School Graduates and Parents/Guardians:
Congratulations! After countless hours of hard work and commitment, you are just a few short days from receiving your high school diploma. We look forward to celebrating this proud moment with you and your family at the Class of 2020 Commencement Ceremony.
Graduation will take place on Friday, June 19, 2020 at the Wrangler Stadium at 8:00 P.M., weather & COVID 19 pandemic conditions permitting. Please arrive at 7 P M. as the ceremony will start promptly at 8:00 P.M. There will be limited reserved seating on the field for parents/guardians of graduates. Each senior will be allowed to enter with 2 guests.
Graduates are to report with their parents/guardians to the school by 7 pm. We ask our graduates to be mindful of the expectations set forth by the Governing Board and the Wickenburg High School Administration as follows:
- Graduation is a formal event and graduates are to conduct themselves in a manner that reflects the solemnity of the occasion. Beach balls, blow horns, noisemakers and other forms of excessive celebration are not allowed.
- Students may not change the appearance of their cap & gown. Young men are to wear collared shirts, dress pants, dress shoes and a tie. Young ladies should wear a dress or slacks and blouse. You may not wear athletic shoes, sandals, shorts, T-shirts or denim.
We appreciate your support in making this event formal and respectful for everyone involved. Clothing will be inspected prior to the ceremony. Students who are not dressed appropriately or who have made alterations to their cap and gown may forfeit the privilege of participating in the commencement ceremony. Once again, graduates may NOT wear denim.
We ask that everyone remain in their seats, while taking pictures during the ceremony to avoid disrupting the ceremony or blocking other spectators’ views. Instead, you are encouraged to take pictures of your graduate before and after the ceremony.
Diploma certificates will be mailed to the address on file with the school. Students who owe textbooks, late fees, or other requirements for graduation will not be permitted to participate in graduation if their obligations have not been met prior to June 18th .
Congratulations to all of our graduates and families. We hope that this landmark occasion in your life will be enjoyed safely and remembered fondly.