Parent Teacher Association
Welcome to the Festival Foothills PTA web page.
When you become a part of our parent organization, you are taking an active role in your child's school life. Children who have parents involved in their school do better academically. We encourage everyone in the family to join; parents, step-parents, grandparents, neighbors, and anyone else who is interested in the welfare of children. When you join Festival Foothills PTA, you automatically become a member of the Arizona State PTA and the National PTA organization. Our volunteers are always welcome and appreciated, but you do not have to volunteer at the school to be a member of PTA.
Meeting Dates and Times
The Festival Foothills PTA will be meeting on the following dates in the library:
- August 29th - 3:30 p.m.
- October 1st - 6:00 p.m.
- December 5th - 3:30 p.m.
- February 4th - 6:00 p.m.
- April 3rd - 3:30 p.m.
- May 1st - 3:30 p.m. New Officer Voting Date
The Festival Foothills PTA shares the mission and purpose of the Arizona and National PTA. We seek to follow these guidelines while maintaining a focus on school and community.
The Mission of the PTA is three-fold:
- To support and speak on behalf of children and youth in the schools, and before governmental agencies and other organizations that make decisions affecting children.
- To assist parents in developing skills they need to raise and protect their children.
- To encourage parent and public involvement in the public schools of this nation.
The Purpose of the PTA:
- To promote the welfare of children and youth in home, school, community and place of worship.
- To raise the standard of home life.
- To secure adequate laws for the care and protection of children and youth.
- To bring into closer relation the home and the school, that parents and teachers may cooperate intelligently in the education of children and youth.
- To develop between educators and the general public such united efforts as will secure for all children and youth the highest advantages in physical, mental, social, and spiritual education.
We have a dedicated team of volunteers who give time on a regular basis to ensure the success of our school and children. Feel free to contact them with any questions. The 2018-2019 officers are:
President – Kristen Smith
Vice-President – Holly Copeland
Treasurer – Brianna Yancheck
Secretary – Melissa Boynton
BoxTop Coordinator – Rebecca Laube
Membership Chair - Jason Laube
Part of the PTA is to raise funds to assist our school in supplementing activities planned by our teachers. Please click on the links below for more information.
In addition to the above fundraisers, we also have a book fair in fall and Santa Shop in winter. While PTA works to provide additional resources for our teachers, there is always a need for classroom supplies. Please check with your child's teacher for a list of needed items.
Festival Foothills PTA is a group of parents and teachers who want to see our children succeed. We work with the school to promote a relationship between the home and the school. When you become a member of the Festival Foothills PTA, you also become a member of the State and National PTA. By paying your annual membership dues of $7 per member (or $12 per couple) you become a member of the largest parent involvement organization in the United States, with over 5 million members. This money is used to pay our annual insurance premium as well as administration costs such as paper and postage.
As a PTA member you have the right to vote on important issues throughout the year. While you are not required to volunteer to join, we have many opportunities to be involved in and our volunteers are always much appreciated. Nationally, PTA has been responsible for many important decisions made in schools such as hot lunch and all-day kindergarten. At our school our PTA has been able to get many supplies for our classrooms as well as help provide for extracurricular activities.