Remote Learning Plan Overview
Schools in Wickenburg Unified School District opened for inperson learning on October 19, 2020. For students who were not ready to return to the classroom, the district offered a remote learning platform. Remote learning is learning that happens outside of the traditional classroom because the student and teacher are separated by distance and/or time. The student will be provded a device if needed and be assigned to a teacher that will guide their instruction. These guidelines will also be used should a school or the entire district have the need to move to a remote learning environment. Our remote learning goal is to focus on the whole child, to include their mental and emotional health, while keeping them physically safe, fed, and engaged in learning.
- Assignments will be provided that allow students to work independently and/or with the help of a family member.
- Whole group and/or small group instruction will be provided.
- Students will be offered a variety of instructional activities that incorporate the Arizona State Standards.
- Academic Activities (specific content or cross-curricular assignments, non-digital resources, software applications, reading, book studies, math activities, etc.)
- Hands-on Activities (art, physical education, music, and/or science experiments)
- Grades will follow Wickenburg Unified School District Policy IKA, detailed in each school handbook.
- Grading will be based on the student demonstrating mastery of concepts.
- Grades will be based on points earned for completing learning activities with accuracy
- If your student needs a device for remote learning, please fill out a request form at www.wickenburgschools.org/device
- Daily attendance for all students is expected and will be recorded in school records. Attendance includes active participation in remote learning activities.
- Parents of students who are ill and not able to participate in learning need to report the absence to the school office.
SOCIAL EMOTIONAL LEARNING
- With the support of the school counselor, teachers will provide students with activities to support their social and emotional needs.
- Meal service is available for all students. Cost is FREE for children under 18 until June 30, 2021