Wickenburg Unified School District No. 9 is currently seeking energetic, professional educators to join our teaching staff. If you currently hold a teaching certificate and are looking for small class sizes, a small town friendly atmosphere, and incredible year round warm weather with beautiful mountain views, ask yourself why not teach in Wickenburg?
Not a teacher, but want to join our staff? You will get the benefit of working with a dedicated and friendly staff and can help make possible the goals of Wickenburg Unified School District.
For further information about becoming a member of the Wickenburg team:
Miscellaneous Terms of Employment:
- Holidays are consistent with the adopted school calendar.
- Beginning Salary is dependent upon experience. See Placement Guide for details.
- Classified positions will require a fingerprint clearance and background check.
- Outstanding benefit package beginning the first month following the first day of employment. For details, please see the Human Resources page.
Qualified Candidates Must Submit to the Human Resources Office The Following:
- Appropriate district application
- Current resume
- Three current professional letters of recommendation
- For details of job specific requirements, see How To Apply
- Substitute teachers serve in the absence of a regular contracted teacher. Substitute teacher must hold a valid Arizona Substitute Teaching certificate or other Arizona teaching certificate.
- Individuals interested in applying to be a substitute teacher must fill out the substitute application.
- Substitutes are also needed in classified positions such as classroom aides and bus drivers. This is a great way to gain experience in these areas and to become a candidate when positions open. To apply for temporary work in these areas, please complete a classified application.
Applications will remain active for one year, and profile information can be updated at any time.
Internal applicants, please use the internal application.
All inquires and applications should be directed to:
Wickenburg Unified School District
Human Resources Department
40 W. Yavapai Street
Wickenburg, AZ 85390
Phone: (928) 668-5301
Fax: (928) 668-5305
Offers of employment occur when the selected applicant is contacted by the Director of Human Resources and the hire is approved by the Wickenburg Unified School District Governing Board. Salary decisions are handled by the Human Resources department. All offers are contingent upon fingerprint clearance, reference checks, and appropriate certification or licensure required by the position being offered.
Notice of Non-Discrimination
Wickenburg Unified School District #9 does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, genetic information, or disability in admission or access to, or treatment or employment in, its educational programs or activities. Inquiries concerning Title VI, Title VII, Title IX, Section 504, and Americans with Disabilities Act may be referred to the superintendent, Dr. Howard Carlson, 40 W. Yavapai Street, Wickenburg, AZ 85390, (928) 668-5350.
Aviso de No Discrimination
El Distrito Escolar Unificado de Wickenburg #9 no discrimina a base de raza, color, origen de nacionalidad, género, edad, religión, información genética, o inhadilidad en admisión o acceso a, o tratamiento de personas o empleo en, sus programas educationales o actividades. Si usted tiene preguntas o algun otra cuestión sobre Titulo VI, Titulo VII, Titulo IX, Sección 504 usted puede digerirse con al superintendente, Dr. Howard Carlson, 40 W. Yavapai Street, Wickenburg, AZ 85390, (928) 668-5350.